Timber Shutters in Brisbane may not be the Best Choice for Your Home
Installing timber shutters on your Brisbane home may seem like a great idea until they start to fade and warp. Consider alternative materials that can stand up to harsh weather conditions and excessive sunlight, providing years of insulation, air flow, and room darkening. Sunshine Shutters offers alternative shutter materials that require minimal maintenance and offer wider blades for an aesthetically pleasing look.
What You Can Expect from Sunshine Shutters Regarding Wooden Shutters in The Gold Coast
We offer alternative products that last for years with minimal maintenance – simply wipe down with a damp cloth and gentle cleaning solution to return your shutters to brand new condition.
- We come to your home with samples of the products available, enabling you to view different options for both inside and outside your home. We help you make the right choice for you and your budget ensuring your satisfaction with our service.
- You will deal with the same person from the first phone call through to the completion of your project; ensuring that nothing falls through the cracks during the process, and your project is completed to your expectations.
- We never ask for money up front; only after the job is complete and you are completely satisfied will we present you with a detailed bill based on our initial estimate and any additional costs associated with your choices.
Common Mistakes People Make Regarding Timber Shutters on the Gold Coast
Installing wooden shutters on your Gold Coast home may seem like the best natural option, but they aren’t always the best choice to handle with harsh weather conditions.
- Brisbane timber shutters are not usually water resistant and will soak in moisture from rain and humidity, causing them to warp over time, and making them look old and detract from the look you are trying to achieve.
- Timber is prone to fading from constant exposure to the sun and doesn’t provide the same insulating properties of other materials. The quality of the wood may prolong their life a little, but overall, they will deteriorate with age.
- Painting your wood shutters may help them last longer, but they will need repainting at some point, which is a tedious affair and adding extra layers of paint may impair their function.
While timber shutters may look great in the beginning, you will start noticing deterioration in a few years and find yourself either having to make repairs or replace them altogether.
What You Stand to Lose if You Don’t Use Sunshine Shutters
We have been in the construction industry for almost 15 years and know to measure twice and cut once ensuring the products delivered to your home will fit right the first time. We are fully licensed and offer Australian made products that won’t negatively affect the environment or your family. Our experience includes installation methods that provide quick results, and we treat your home with respect. You won’t find leftover materials or debris left behind; only beautiful shutters that protect your home and add value. Give us a call to set up an appointment to learn more about the high quality shutters we offer and how they will benefit your home.